Calgary’s Creative Landscape Design Team
Transform Your Current Yard into The Dream Yard You’ve Always Wanted
(We’ll Fit Your Budget, Large or Small)
Oskar Valdman, Owner
Hi I’m Oskar, I’ve been landscaping since 1996, and I know the Calgary soil and climate can be a unique challenge.
After 20+ years of experimenting and learning from the world’s greatest landscape designers in Paris, London and San Francisco, I finally discovered the secret to turning Calgary’s barren waste places into sustainable, blooming gardens…
Lucy Valdman, Owner
Hi I’m Lucy, and I have helped 200+ Proud Calgary Homeowners turn their properties into picturesque landscapes that will last for generations.
Your property, lifestyle and ideas are unique!
When we start the free design consultation, I pay careful attention so you can have your dream, exactly the way you want!
Before Lady Bug:
After Lady Bug:
Before Lady Bug:
After Lady Bug:
See the Finished Product First!
Get a FREE Design Consultation Before Starting:
- During your FREE consultation, Lucy will walk through the property with you and listen to your ideas so we can visualize everything together and come up with a clear plan before you ever spend a dime.
- You probably have some great ideas on how you’d like your yard to look, but maybe you’re not sure which variety of shrubs, grasses and flowers will work for your particular home?
- No problem, Lucy will help guide the design to make sure your plants match your micro-climate and soil (and ensure the styles don’t clash!)
- When we meet for the free consultation, Lucy will show you the secrets we discovered about landscaping, that can help you easily take control of your yard so that it doesn’t die out, or get out of control.
- With over 20 years of experience, we are here to listen carefully to your needs, assess your property, plans, and location, to guide you to realize your unique vision.
- During the consultation, we will show you how to design for your neighbourhood — feel free to tap into our knowledge of Calgary’s unique micro-climates, neighbourhoods, and local mindsets.
- Perhaps you want to add colour, with perennial plants and shrubs that provide bold colours and interest all year round, in winter as well as summer? No problem, we can work all your ideas into your dream design!
Our Customers Say It Best:
You listened to our ideas. You were timely and prompt, on time and within budget. You were both very professional and personable and a pleasure to work with. We have had numerous compliments from neighbors and even strangers passing by.
Dear Lucy and Oskar,
Again, many thanks to you both (and your guys) for the wonderful landscaping you recently completed in our front yard. You listened to our ideas, offered your advice and then developed several options for us to consider. You were timely and prompt, and completed the agreed upon work on time and within budget. You cleaned up the work site at the end of each day. We appreciate that you took the time to answer all our questions and also that you gave us advice on how to care for the plants that were installed. But far more important was that you were both very professional and personable and a pleasure to work with.
The results of your work are very creative and of very high standard. We have had numerous compliments from neighbors and even strangers passing by. Please feel free to us a reference. Thank you and we look forward to working with you again in the future.
A great experience with Lady Bug Creative Landscape and Design this spring (June/July 2017). For our front yard, we sought out quotes from other landscaping companies but none were able to provide ideas and suggestions like Lucy at Lady Bug. Lucy was able to bridge the hard landscaping with the soft landscaping which is what we wanted – a true head to tail, full solution for our front yard. Lady Bug exceeded our expectations – not only were they within budget but delivered ahead of schedule and went beyond with unexpected finishing touches. Great to work with and highly recommend.
Sean Brant (Google Review)
I am so happy with the work done on my front yard by Lady Bug. What an amazing transformation! Lucy’s design work is beautiful and even when faced with the challenge of a reduced budget from what I first gave her, she was able to do an amazing job. Oscar and his side-kick (whose name I unfortunately did not ask, but he was very pleasant) did a great job and it was done in the time frame they indicated. This will be a long-term relationship, as I will definitely hire them for the next phases of my yard renovation.
Thanks so much, Lady Bug!
Kathy B. (BBB review)
Letter of Reference | VLBL Corporation
I am pleased to provide this letter of reference for Oskar & Lucy Valdman, and the entire Lady Bug Creative Landscape & Design Team.
Lucy’s horticultural knowledge was a true asset to establishing our gardens. The Lady Bug team is reliable and dependable, and the quality of their work is first class. I would not hesitate to recommend them.
Allan Markin, O.C., A.O.E., B.Sc., P.Eng.
Avoid Extra Costs & Save Big!
- We’ll show you simple things you can do for your yard to lower your landscaping costs.
- Have an idea but not sure about costs? We can usually find creative ways to fit your idea into any budget!
- No need for costly mistakes — talk to us first to design a creative solution for your yard.
- Don’t overpay for landscaping, get a free design consultation and quote from Lady Bug.
- All our customers are happy — more customer experiences are on our testimonials page.
Get Everything in Your Yard Fixed:
- Is your pathway out of place, and needing to be re-laid?
- Dealing with a broken fence, broken path, or broken deck?
- Have broken sprinklers, irrigation or water features?
- Need to fix your sloping yard?
- Just need to grade and level some areas without costing too much?
- We will help you correct everything from fences to elevation and the grade of your yard.
- Large or Small — let Lucy and Oskar know, we’d love to help you get everything working.
Get Your Garden Edged and Arated:
- Make your garden arable to grow edible landscaping and colorful perennials.
- Get your garden edged, curbed properly and neatly cleaned up.
- Remove dead or overgrown plants as well as rocks and other junk.
- Eliminate that wild garden look!
If You Can Dream it, We Can Build It:
- Do you have original ideas? Complex designs?
- We can handle large and small jobs, from start to finish.
- We can even handle rare and unique projects such as moss walls, skating rinks, and parks (See our portfolio)
- Need waterfalls? Fish ponds or other water features?
- Need specialized retaining walls? Xeriscaping? Hardscaping?
- Need Raised Gardens? Something Unique?
- If You Can Dream it, We Can Build It!
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed:
- Your needs are always first.
- You will get a written guarantee before starting your project.
- We always finish what we start.
- We go above and beyond expectation.
- You will always be informed of all decisions, and remain in complete control of your yard.
We would recommend Lady Bug without hesitation. Their design expertise is top notch and will find a solution within your budget. They finished the job on time, within budget, with a friendly and happy attitude.
Ken M. (BBB review)
Fabulous company, fabulous results! We’re absolutely thrilled with the landscaping design and installation provided by Lucy and her crew. Lucy listened to our wants and made smart and creative suggestions. The design software she uses gives an excellent visual of how your design will look. The results are more beautiful than we could have ever imagined. She’s hard working, sincere, a real artist and a pleasure to work with.
Ann Marie D. (BBB review)
Dear Lucy, Oskar and Michael:
Our deepest thanks for all your hard work this year, when we look back over the year from spring bounding, the play house on a Saturday night to building the greenhouse to creating a lovely colorful yard filled with summer flowers, we feel so blessed to have you in our lives.
Thank you so much. Patricia and Allan Markin