& Moss Walls
Green Walls and Living Walls have many benefits!
A Green Wall is a wall partially or completely covered with greenery that includes moss that can be artistically constructed.
A Living Wall is a wall with a vertical garden that can be attached to the exterior or interior of a building. Plants such as flowers or herbs can be grown in a living wall.
The benefits of a wall that are either Green or Living are amazing:
- They filter the air and cleans it from dust, CO2 and other pollutants while adding oxygen to the environment.
- They humidify dry air and make indoor spaces healthier. In working environments this can lead to fewer sick days.
- They provide an eye-catching look to an otherwise dull space. We create living walls that are designed with your vision in mind to add beauty to your environment.
- Studies have shown that simply having a view of greenery increases workplace productivity.
- Indoor plants can reduce symptoms of discomfort; for example, they are incorporated into hospitals to calm patients leading to the improvement their health.
- Living walls that contain a number of plants can substantially improve the acoustics of a room; the affect of noise reduction is proportional to the number of plants used.
Lady Bug Creative Landscape and Design provides custom living wall design, installation and maintenance.
Moss Walls Portfolio
(click to enlarge)
Living Walls Portfolio
(click to enlarge)
Frequently Asked Questions
CAN YOU COMBINE GREEN OR LIVING WALLS WITH WATER FEATURES?
We can, and have, combined living walls with water highlights such as aquariums and water falls. These walls work great with a variety of water features. Especially fresh water aquariums can work great as a part of a living wall system.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS TO THE ROOM TEMPERATURE?
Plants grown on green walls include moss that can be carved to create a luxurious design. Living walls are mostly tropical plants and require a constant temperature of 18 degrees Celsius and higher.
WHAT KIND OF PLANTS DO YOU USE FOR LIVING WALLS?
We use many different indoor plants on our walls, and are always open to client requests.
HOW MUCH DOES A GREEN OR LIVING WALL COST?
There are a lot of factors that go in to the cost of a green or living wall. Cost of materials, cost of plants, type of system, location and if it needs more light, and of course cost of labour itself. Base price of our living walls is $150 per square foot. This includes the wall itself, automatic irrigation system, and plants. However, there can be extra costs such as lighting system, sensors, etc. The price of a living wall can also differ depending on the system used.
CAN PLANTS BLOOM ON THE LIVING WALL?
Yes. Plants can bloom on living walls with no issues.
HOW LONG DO GREEN OR LIVING WALLS LAST?
They can last a very long time. Plants on a well installed and maintained green or living wall can live for 8 years or more. However poorly maintained (without light or water, or in cold temperature) the plants can die within a month or even a few days.
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADD OR REPLACE PLANTS TO THE LIVING WALL?
Yes. It is possible to add or replace plants on any living wall system we offer.
WE HAVE A LIVING WALL FROM ANOTHER COMPANY; IT IS LEAKING/DYING/DRIED UP/JUST LOOKS AWFUL. CAN YOU HELP US?
We can take a look at your living wall, and let you know what needs to be done. Sometimes it might be as simple as replacing a few plants, or we might need to completely rebuild the system.
DO YOU MAINTAIN THE GREEN OR LIVING WALL AFTER INSTALLATION? HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
Yes, we do offer maintenance for our green and living walls, as well as for the other living walls created by previous companies. We have several maintenance packages with varying coverage. Yearly cost of maintenance is usually around 20% of the living wall price. We require a minimum of $100 per visit.
CAN I MAINTAIN A GREEN OR LIVING WALL MYSELF? WILL YOU TELL ME HOW TO DO THAT?
You can definitely maintain the wall yourself. We will provide you with detailed written instructions of how that should be done.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed:
- Your needs are always first.
- We always finish what we start.
- We go above and beyond expectation.
- We make sure you are aware of all decisions, and in complete control of your home and property.
- We always provide you with a written guarantee before starting any project.